Making a photo box
- By Tony LOMBARD
- On 08/02/2022
- In Facilities and materials
Make beautiful photos of your birds! Instructions for making your photo box. Materials required, cutting of PVC panels, assembly.
To take beautiful photos of your zebrafinch, here is a photo box model to make yourself.
1. Materials needed
- White PVC panel, 5 mm thick.
- PVC U-shaped slides.
- PVC angles in L.
- 1 ultra-flat neon with switch.
- Trunnion Ø 10 or 12 grooved.
- Silicone glue.
2. Cutting the PVC panel
- The PVC panel is cut to form a cube with the following dimensions: Length 38 cm, depth 32 cm, height 32 cm.
- On a wall, a hole 6 cm in diameter (to be adjusted according to the lens of your camera) is made at the height of the future perch.
- On another wall, an opening 10 cm wide by 12 high is made for the sliding door which will allow the bird to be introduced into the box.
- Cut 1 door to close the hole which will be used to photograph the bird (example of dimensions for a 6 cm hole: 10 cm x 10 cm).
- Cut 1 door of 12 cm x 14 cm for the opening that will allow the bird to be introduced into the box.
- Cut a 10 cm x 10 cm square that will serve as a base for the perch.
3. Gluing the slides
- Cut and glue 2 guides (U-shaped angles) which allow the door to slide, which can block the Ø 6 cm opening.
- Cut and glue 2 slides (U-shaped angles) which allow the door to slide, which will be able to obstruct the opening 10 cm wide by 12 cm high.
4. Realization of the perch
A pancake rake can do the trick, it avoids the T-assembly.
Otherwise, use a grooved trunnion (which will help the bird hold) to make the perch. It must be of equal length to the height of the hole made previously in order to have the lens of the camera facing the bird.
Drill the base cut beforehand to add the perch.
5. Background color
On the model shown, the background is painted in light gray.
To have the choice of the background color (according to the photographed mutation) of the photo box, you can opt for the addition of 2 slides which will allow you to slide a wall or failing that a sheet of colored cardboard paper.
It now remains to glue all the walls with L-shaped angles. Then to glue the extra flat neon inside, positioned at the top of the wall which has the opening for the shooting.
Your photo box is now ready to receive your zebra finches, for beautiful shots!